I hold a Mechanical Engineering Diploma with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from the National Technical University of Athens. I graduated in July 2004 with a GPA of 7.2 out of 10 (top 10%).
Right after, I pursued a PhD in Operations Research in the Industrial Management and Operational Research Sector of the NTUA’s Mechanical Engineering School. I was committed to my research between 2004 and 2008, and finally defended my PhD thesis in June 2013.
My research interests extended to anything related to forecasting. Starting from Econometrics and Time Series Analysis to Data Mining, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, I finally focused on Prediction Markets, which serve as the core subject of my dissertation.
You may find my academic resume (dated 2008) here, while what follows is a list of my limited academic publications:
- Tziralis G. and Tatsiopoulos I., ‘Prediction Markets: An Extended Literature Review’, The Journal of Prediction Markets (2007), Vol. 1, pp. 75-91
- Tziralis G., Vagenas G. and Ponis S. ‘Prediction Markets, an Emerging Web 2.0 Business Model: Towards the Competitive Intelligent Enterprise’ in ‘Web 2.0, The
Damiani and P. Ordóñez de Pablos (Eds), (2008) Springer US
- Tziralis G., Kirytopoulos K., Rentizelas A and Tatsiopoulos I., ‘Holistic investment assessment: optimization, risk appraisal and decision making’, Managerial and Decision Economics (2008), in press
- Tziralis G. and Tatsiopoulos I., ‘Market-Driven Innovation Management, From the Inside In’, Proceedings of APMS 2008, Innovations in Networks, Helsinki University of Technology TKK, Espoo, Finland,
September 14-17, 2008
- Tziralis G. and Ipeirotis P., “Detecting Important Events Using Prediction Markets, Text Mining, and Volatility Modeling”, in Third Workshop on Prediction Markets, 2008
- Tziralis G. and Tatsiopoulos I., ‘Prediction Markets: An Information Aggregation Perspective to the Forecasting Problem’, World Review of Entrepreneurship,
Management and Sustainable Development, Vol. 3, No.3-4, pp. 251-259
- Rentizelas A., Tziralis G. and Kirytopoulos K., ‘Incorporating Uncertainty on Optimal Investment Decisions’, World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, Vol. 3, No.3-4, pp. 273-283
- Tziralis G., Tolis A., Tatsiopoulos I. and Aravossis K., ‘Sustainability and the Olympics: The Case of Athens 2004’, International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning, Special Issue: Environmental Economics, in press
- Tziralis G. and Tatsiopoulos I., ‘Prediction Markets: Aspects on Transforming a Business Game into a Valuable Information Aggregation Tool’, Proceedings of the 3rd Future Business Technology Conference, 17-19 April 2006, Athens, Greece, pp. 35-39.
- Rentizelas A., Tziralis G., Kirytopoulos K., Leopoulos V. and Tatsiopoulos I., ‘A Hybrid Approach to Investment Decisions through Genetic Algorithm Optimization & Monte Carlo Simulation’, Proceedings of the 14th International Working Seminar on Production Economics, Innsbruck, Austria, 20-24 February 2006, Vol.2, pp. 397-406
- Tziralis G., Tolis A., Tatsiopoulos I. and Aravossis K., ‘Economic Aspects and Sustainability Impact of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games’, Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Environmental Economics and Investment Assessment, 13-15 September 2006, Mykonos, Greece, pp. 21-34
- Rentizelas A., Tziralis G. and Kirytopoulos K., ‘An Integrative Approach to Investment Appraisal: Simulating the Risk of an Optimum Decision’, Proceedings of the 3rd Future Business Technology Conference, 17-19 April 2006, Athens, Greece, pp. 27-32.
- Tziralis G. and Tatsiopoulos I., ‘Prediction Markets as Decision Support Tool for Supply Chain Management’, Bul letin of the Hel lenic Association of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, November 2007, pp. 52-56 (in greek)
- Tziralis G. and Tatsiopoulos I., ‘On prediction markets’, 18th National Conference of Hellenic Operational Research Society, 15-17 June 2006, Kozani, Greece, in press (in greek)
- Rentizelas A., Kirytopoulos K. and Tziralis G., ‘Strategic Investment Decisions for Renewable Energy Sources, based on Risk Management’, Proceedings of 17th National Conference of Hellenic Operational Research Society, 16-18 June 2005, Rio-Patras, Greece, in press
- Kirytopoulos K., Rentizelas A. and Tziralis G., ‘On Quantifying Uncertainty for Project Selection: The Case of a Renewable Energy Sources Investment’, Proceedings of the World Renewable Energy and Environment Conference (WREEC) 2006, Tripoli, Libya